The Purpose of This Association
"One thing we have discovered is that we are a nation of wanderers. Our ancestors have wandered the globe, and often left us with only one clue to trace their heritage, their surname." -Unknown
The Primary Goals of this Association:
1. To create and compilel pages of interests to people researching their surnames and to link to family member sites on the Internet.
2. To list all our "cousins" researching this surname.
3. To collect all information pertaining to this surname, and the bearers of this surname that might in some way facilitate research of this surname. This includes including maintaining an on line database of our research and an electronic newsletter.
4. To present bilingual information on the world wide web so that it can be freely accessed by any of our cousins at any time, from any place, in English and French.
5. To provide our "cousins" an opportunity to met at local and regional family reunions.
6. To a way for family members to contribute towards research and scholarship assistance for family members. The association has an application pending for tax exempt charitable status as a California Non-Profit Corporation. Database description details.
"In order for all our cousins to be gathered together, from wherever they may have wandered, you need a nest to gather them in."
We need your help to do this. Please contribute your family to this project.
Return to home page | Surname Database | Mayrand.org Sponsor:
Check these lenders for Great rates on mortgages and refinances